Tuesday 21 February 2012

Collection and Delivery To GBS

The car is as complete as I am going to get it, so it is off to GBS for them to do some final little jobs and for its check over and IVA.  So first off, why have I chosen this route?  Well, I could very easily book my own IVA test and do all the paper work and hope that everything was OK but, for me, and this is only a personal preference, I wanted the peace of mind of knowing that the guys who build these cars everyday will check mine over, set up the suspension, do the tracking, get the engine running so it meets the emission standards and generally give the car a good shake down.  Now don't get me wrong, they don't do all this for nothing and by the time you add in the transport costs, it is not cheap, but I think it is worth every penny.

So I arranged transport with a local company called ARC Recovery.  They have a good track record of moving everything from vintage cars to Bugatti Veyrons.  If they are good enough for the likes of Bugatti, Bentley and Aston Martin, they are good enough for my GBS Zero.  The other advantage is that the truck is covered, so no need to worry if the heavens open on the way up there!(and it is forcast!!)

Before the car was collected I took the opportunity to get some pictures.






Then it was time to load up.


Ground clearance was nearly an issue, but but it went in.  Remember that I haven't set the ride height yet.  I really hope I can get in to my house as that has a small incline that I might ground on.  Oh well, only time will tell!


An finally loaded and secure.  Next stop GBS.


And here she is (yes, it is a 'she') safe and sound at the factory.  I was very flattered to have some very nice, positive comments about the car from the guys there, which I was very chuffed about.



Next time I see her will be in about 3 weeks, I hope, when she will be IVA'd and registered for the road.  I will have to be patient but I think these are going to seem like the longest 3 weeks of my life!!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good.
    You've done a great job, love that paint colour.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done David! It looks awesome. You beat me though :-P I'm taking mine up in 2 weeks time and have been following your blog all the way through the build since july. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you. Good luck with the test sportative.

    ReplyDelete