Sunday 23 October 2011

More Pottering in the Garage

Been a sort of 'bitty' day today.  I have done a few little things but nothing major.

First job was to fit the cooling fan to the radiator.  No instructions in the box, but it seems pretty straightforward.  Here it is fitted, but not wired up yet.


And here it is with the nose cone fitted.  There is clearance all round but it is measured in millimetres!! 

Next I moved on to fitting the seat runners to the seats.  Once you have figured out where the mounting points are, this is a nice simple job.



Next thing to do is to mark out where the sear runners are going to fit to the chassis.  I figured that the furthest point back has the runners as far forward as they can go.  I put the seat in and marked the front holes.  The using the spare runner from the other seat, I was able to mark the rear holes as well.  With the holes drilled, I made sure that the seat runners would fit.  It was all OK so I went ahead and repeated the process for the other side.  I haven't fitted the seats in yet as I need to fit the carpet first.


Next I moved on to the dashboard and the 'T' shaped warning light module I bought from the Exeter show.  Guess what, it comes without fitting instructions or a wiring diagram!!


Fitting is straightforward.  You need to drill 8mm holes for the lights to shine through and 3.2mm holes for the screws to go through to hold it to the front panel, which need to be counter sunk. 

It then looks like this from the back.  This needs to pass through the fibreglass dash panel so a similar T shaped hole has to be cut in the fibre glass.  To be honest, the hole I cut isn't the prettiest, but it does the job and will be hidden by the stainless instrument surround.


Whilst I was working with the dashboard, I decided to see if the instruments would fit.  After a bit of tidying up with the jigsaw, I was able to fit the gauges in place.  I think it is looking pretty smart.  Remember that the dash won't be that colour when finished, although it doesn't look that bad in white!


Speedo and tacho.


And the view from the back.


I have purchased the correct plug and play loom from GBS for the instruments, but I need to get hold of a wiring diagram so I know what to plug where.  I am hoping it won't be too complicated to sort out.

So there is another weekend gone by.  Next weekend ..... the engine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment