Saturday 26 March 2011

Rear Brakes

Following on from the front suspension I decided to move to the back of the car and fit the rear brakes.  When I picked up my donor pack, the drum brakes looked pretty nasty so I have opted to fit disc brakes on the rear of the car.  This way I know all the parts are new.

The whole process was pretty straight forward once I had worked out how the brake pads were fitted!!  The only thing to remember to do was to apply some Loctite to the bolts that hold the calipers to the bracket.  Once both calipers and discs were fitted, it was a simple task of fitting the hand brake cable and the flexible brake pipe.  It is all ready now to have the fluid added and for the brakes to be bled, but I can't do that until the front brakes are fitted.  I am waiting on the factory to get a new supply of front brake discs and calipers before I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment