Sunday 13 March 2011

Almost Back to Where I Was

This weekend I started off by re-fitting the rear suspension and adding some extra washers in where required.  This followed my visit to the GBS open day where I was able to see how they fit these things and was able to see that I hadn't quite got it right.  Still, easy to fix now before all the bodywork is fitted.

I also refitted the diff and drive shafts now they have been re-furbished.  It was all a bit fiddly but it is now in.  I have used Loctite on bolts as required so it should all be pretty secure.  Once this was done I was able to re-fit the wiring loom, hand brake cable and fuel pipes and used a couple of 'P' clips to hold things in place.  The rest will be held by cable ties.


This was the main thing I wanted to achieve this weekend but I had a bit of time over so I thought I would dry fit a few things just to see how they fitted.  The first was the bonnet.  It looks pretty good but it will take a little bit of tweaking when the time comes.


I also trial fitted the steering wheel.  I resisted the option to get in the car and make 'brum brum' noises at this point!!


Finally, I dry fitted the panels that will line the boot to make that a usable storage area.  It will also get carpeted so should look reasonable.


Although the fuel tank looks like it is fitted in the picture above, it actually isn't and that will be one of the next things to do.  Some of the plumbing is already done but a little more will be required to finish the job.  I can then move on to the front end and start fitting the front suspension and I am getting close to a rolling chassis.  I need to think about wheels next and decide what to go for.  Still, that is a question for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment