Saturday 14 January 2012

Hole for Exhaust

Today was freezing in the garage so I didn't fancy spending too much time down there but I wanted to make some progress with the bonnet.

In a previous post, I showed the process of making a template for the hole that needs cutting for the exhaust.  First stage was to transfer that to the bonnet.  I had made some marks on the cardboard template and the side of the car so I could place the template int he right place to mark the bonnet.  Anyway, here it is marked out.


Next step was to remove the bonnet and cut the hole out.  This I did with a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade.  It is quite a nervous moment before you start, but you just have to be brave and go for it.  Remember that you will be fitting some trim round the hole so it is not crucial that it is 100% right .... 99% will do!!! Here it is cut and fitted back on the car.


Final stage was to refit the exhaust manifold and hope for the best.  I needn't have worried.


Next I did a bit of wiring to make up some smaller connectors for the brake fluid level switch and the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) as the connectors on the loom were wrong.  That was it for today.  I hope tomorrow is a bit warmer as I would like to get some more done.

No comments:

Post a Comment