Saturday 12 February 2011

Offside Panel Fitting

Not a lot to report this week.  The diff and drive shafts (half shafts) are still with the local garage for new boots and seals.  The main problem he is having is getting the correct boots and seals.  When ordering, the parts suppliers nearly always want a chassis number or registration number, neither of which I have as I got my donor pack from GBS and didn't get a V5 document.  Anyway, he now has the right parts so I should be able to get them back sometime next week with a view to fitting it all back in next weekend.  It's not a problem as I don't have a lot of time to spend in the garage this weekend anyway.

What I did have the time for was to fit the off side panel to the chassis.  It was exactly the same process as fitting the near side panel, which I described in my last post.  So here it is.


The other thing I did was to fit the fuel pipe that connects from the bottom of the swirl pot to the high pressure fules pump.


You can also see from the image above, the number of clamps that are used when fitting the side panel.  I would have used more if I had had more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment