Wednesday 5 January 2011

Pedal Power

No, I haven't succumbed to any kind of fitness regime and bought a bike!! It was a bit cold in the garage on Monday (it was a Bank Holiday) so I didn't really fancy spending too much time in there, but I wanted to do something, so I thought I would tackle fitting the pedals.

I had already fitted the bushes to the clutch and brake pedals and also the bushes to the chassis where the pedals fit.  The only thing left to do was to try and get the pedals to fit the mounting bar so they are tight enough not to wobble around but loose enough to move freely.  One fitted fine the other was too tight so I had to spend a hour or so sanding the bar with emery cloth.  It took a while but it is just about there.  The mounting bar is a bit too long and either needs cutting down or needs some kind of spacer.  I need to see what the factory do on my next visit and ask them.

This is what they look like from above an you can see where I need some sort of spacer fitting.


The pedals come with a simple metal plate that I could just add rubber covers to but I decided that I wanted something a little bit more in keeping with a 2 seater sports car.  To this end I have bought and fitted some Ripspeed sports pedal covers.  I think they look the business and they will stop my feet slipping off the pedals.


So that is it for now.  Next time I think I will start fitting the rear suspension, drive shafts, rear brakes, hand brake and may even start to look at running the brake lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment