Tuesday 26 April 2011

26th April Update

No progress as such to report on the car but I did take a trip to the factory today to get some more parts.  I wanted to get front brakes, track rod ends and wheels so I can get the car to the rolling chassis stage next.  However, I ended up getting a little bit more than I had planned.


Yes, sat behind boxes and between tyres is the engine.  A brand spanking new 2.0 litre Ford Zetec engine.  It took 3 people and an engine hoist to get it in the car and there is just little old me to get it out!!  It should be fun .... not!!

Anyway, I also took the scuttle I had built up to be checked out as it didn't look quite right to me, but it is OK.  It just needs some counter sunk rivets putting in to give it some strength and then the inside painting black and some vinyl adding to the edges to finish things off.

All in all it was a good day and I am looking forward to getting more done on the car in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment